Welcome - ยินดีต้อนรับ

Hello all family and friends!

With great excitement, we started our adoption journey in August 2008. We are now first time parents through adoption of an 8-year-old son from Thailand. We have chosen to build our family through the adoption of a son from Thailand because this is where we feel God is leading us right now.

It took 1 year and 9 months to bring Ray home and it was totally worth it!

We appreciate all of your love and support. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
Ann & Bryan

Monday, January 12, 2009

Discouraged

Well, I'd like to say that the new year is starting off on a good note for our adoption BUT it's not. I know it's not Kate's fault that she stepped into Andrea's job and cannot find our WACAP dossier documents. I'm just frustrated, disappointed, and sad. Thank goodness I made copies of everything before I sent it. But I still think I'm going to have to redo some documents and I have to take new outdoor photos (in winter...yuck). It feels like one huge step backwards. I just wish our dossier could have been processed in December since I sent them Dec. 5th and WACAP received them Dec. 8th. But there's nothing I can control once the paperwork is out of my hands. So I just have to pray that now that there's been this mistake on WACAP's behalf, they will work even harder and faster to get our files organized and processed. There's really no one to blame...it's just human error. But Ray is still waiting...that's what hurts the most.

6 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Sorry to hear about your delay. We experienced the same before our withdrawal, so we understand what you are going through at this time. Just know that God allows these hiccups for a reason. We are thinking of you and praying for your documents to be found. I know how your heart aches for Ray. Before you know it, you will be home with Ray watching him ride his bike remembering your wait (we felt the same about our Russian adoption). Thinking of you!!

Ellie said...

So sorry! That would be very discouraging! Hang in there!!

Kam said...

So sorry to hear this news. I know it seems like a huge blow. We had a blow ourselves last week. This is so hard. Much harder than I thought it could be. I realy believed that I could wait as long as it takes as long as I knew Joel was ours...and of course I can! It's just harder knowing who he is and what he looks like and that he is just waiting there...for who knows how long! I'm trusting God to move a mountain and will trust Him for you as well!

JiLL said...

I hope everything gets fixed soon! Hang in there!

chaniemom said...

Ah, we understand your feelings of helplessness and vulnerability all too well. It does make one feel mad that it slows down the time for your child to be with you. But, if it is meant to be it will happen. It's just so hard to deal with emotionally when you're stuck in the middle of waiting.

Maci Miller said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that! I'm with Carey that it all happens for a reason. Still, it's not easy when you know your child is waiting for you! I understand that feeling completely as we long for our little one every day. Hang in there!

Why are we adopting internationally and not domestically?
While we think adopting domestically is extremely important, our hearts are drawn to the waiting children in other countries. Some of our closest friends and relatives have adopted, are adopted themselves, or are planning to adopt internationally. This has been a wonderful experience for them, as I am confident our adoption will be for us.

Why are we adopting from Thailand?
The number one reason is simply...that's where our son is living right now. Also, the Thai people are extremely laid back and friendly and the adoption process is very straight forward in Thailand and has been around for decades so there should be no surprises or corruption. After researching our other options, the requirements to adopt from Thailand fit our requirements. If we decide to adopt again, we will reevaluate the different countries and domestic programs.